Lancaster University Physics Department, Lancaster, Lancashire, United Kingdom, LA1 4YW
Organised by The IOP Stimulating Physics Network
Delivered by Lancaster University Physics Department
Sponsored by The Ogden Trust
To give Physics teachers the opportunity to develop their understanding of physics concepts through discussion with Physics researchers. This new knowledge and understanding is then shared with their students while teaching the curriculum in more innovative and exciting ways.
- EM radiation is created by accelerating charged particles
- The type (wavelength) of radiation emitted by celestial bodies is related to the process causing this radiation
- The detectors of this radiation depend on how the photon interacts with matter.
- Doppler Shift is related to distance and therefore time and 3 D mapping of the universe
- 9.30: registration and refreshments
- 10.00 - 13.00: Talks and projects with researchers
- 13.00 - 14.00 lunch and tour of department
- 14.00 - 16.00 finish projects and preparing teaching resources
Book your place by visiting Eventbrite.