Northern Ireland Assembly All-Party Group on Science and Technology, in association with AES, the Energy Institute and Pinsent Masons, will host two events in the Senate Chamber, Parliament Buildings, Stormont, Belfast, on Monday 10th November 2014 on the subject of Energy Storage.
The first, an Industry session, will take place from 3.00pm to 5.00pm, and the second, a Seminar, from 6.00pm to 8.00pm, when we will be joined by Arlene Foster MLA, Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment.
Refreshments will be served between 5.00pm and 6.00pm in the Rotunda, which is close to the entrance of the Senate Chamber.
The theme will be: ‘’How can energy storage help reduce energy costs, improve security of supply and meet decarbonisation goals?’’
· Julian Nebreda, AES Senior Vice President of EMEA
· Sam Knox, Chairman, Energy Institute
· Richard Murphy, Pinsent Masons, Head of Energy & Natural Resources
· Mike Kormos, Executive Vice President of Operations, PJM
· Patrick Turnbull, Chairman of Smart Grid Ireland
· Basil McCrea MLA, Chair, All Party Group on Science and Technology
· Arlene Foster MLA, Minister of Enterprise, Trade and Investment
· John Zahurancik, President, AES Storage
· Professor John Morrow, Director, EPIC Research Cluster, Queen’s University, Belfast
· Keith McGrane, Head of Offshore Energy and Electricity Storage, Gaelectric
· Dr Patrick Keatley, SPIRE Research Fellow, University of Ulster