A day of lectures, demonstrations, and workshops for teachers of physics.
* “Nuclear Power in Ireland - Facts and Fiction” by eminent physicist Prof. Phillip Walton, son of E.T.S Walton,
* “Bringing Nuclear Fusion down to Earth” by Chris Warrick, Culham Fusion Research UK,
* Brendan Smith from DERI Digital Enterprise Research Institute,
* Dr Sheila Gilheany “Physics in Ireland – the brightest minds go further”,
* Alison Hackett “IOPI – top ten tips for teachers”,
*Members of the award winning Science on Stage Team – with ideas from SonS 2011 Copenhagen
* Dr Barry Fitzgerald European Space Agency teaching resources.
There will also be a discussion on the 2011 Physics papers, which will form the basis of the IOPI report to SEC.
Registration Fee €35 (includes lunch).
“Freebies” will be given first to those teachers who register early
Directions to GMIT:
http://www.iopireland.org/events/info/file_52220.pdf (PDF, 100 KB)
Directions to Frontiers of Physics conference on GMIT campus:
http://www.iopireland.org/events/info/file_52220.pdf (PDF, 138 KB)