The objectives of this workshop are to introduce participants on the following topics:
• R&D and innovation management from ideation to commercialization: bridging the gap
• Business plan development & capital fundraising
• Business regulations and business law
• IP and licensing
• Joint venture structuring
• Starting/growing a high-tech venture
• Case studies of successful ventures (e.g. focus on nanotechnology company and/or biotechnology success stories)
• Personal motivation and change management
• Coaching, human synergies and communication skills
The workshop will consist of lectures by invited speakers, case studies, group discussions and role-playing sessions related to commercialization of a product.
Please visit: http://www.iop.org/events/scientific/international/info/file_44291.pdf for a full programme.
Please note that the programme is still at draft stage and may be subject to change.