This is our second such meeting, with the aim of facilitating bringing together people from diverse areas of Medical Physics to make contacts in the wider community and discuss potential collaboration.
Our invited speakers will discuss the translation of new innovative developments in Medical Physics into clinical practice and the processes involved in bringing new technology into clinical use. Our confirmed speakers are:
• Dr. Andrew Peet and Dr. Martin Wilson (Brain Tumour Research Group, University of Birmingham)
• Prof Dewi Lewis (Director of PHYSEGA Ltd, previous positions with CERN, GE and Amersham)
• Dr. Mike Partridge, (Functional image-guided radiotherapy, Department of Oncology, University of Oxford)
• Dr. Francois Lassailly (Head of In vivo Imaging, Cancer Research UK)
• Dr. John Lees (Space Research Centre, University of Leicester and director of Gamma Technologies Limited)
Registration will be available when the programme is finalised, along with further details on our speakers and the topics to be discussed. There will be a small fee to cover refreshments.
There will be a networking session over coffee during the afternoon, preceeded by an “open mic” style session for attendees to present a short snapshot of their work to stimulate informal discussion. We would welcome contributions from anyone involved in an aspect of multidisciplinary or translational research. Early-career MPG members are particularly encouraged to participate.
See the full event programme here: http://www.iop.org/activity/groups/subject/med/calendar/file_64496.pdf