This free workshop will focus on:
• Supporting non-specialist teachers of physics teaching electromagnetism – building up from KS3 ideas of bar magnets to KS4 discussion of the National Grid.
• A fun opening activity – why does the magnet fall so slowly in a non-magnetic pipe?!
• Difficulties students have with learning the fundamentals of motors & generators.
• A series of practical activities, including diamagnetic levitation & building a loudspeaker.
• Sharing of best practice from our last session.