Call for OAR Mentors and Members
After the grand success of Open Academic Research Winter Camp in 2017 at Kerala, we are pleased to announce the 2018 edition at Pondicherry from 27th December 2018 to 2nd January 2019. As usual we aim to setup a camp close to nature for a week during winter holidays. The students will join us with an open question and he or she will try to solve the problem alone or in a group. Our role as OAR mentors would be to guide them along their way with an open mind. To get a feel for the questions and answers from last year’s edition, please see the report.
- Qualifications: We seek mentors for guiding at least two projects related to their research field. Mentors should have a PhD/pursuing PhD/entrepreneurs/creative minds. with a strong understanding of their subject. We seek mentors across all disciplines including architecture, athletics, arts and humanities, philosophy, science and many more.
- Motivations: As a mentor you would be required to identify the research problem in hand, understand the free-thinker’s methodology, and help them gain the skill set needed to address the problem. Once you are an OAR mentor you are requested to spend time with your student apprentice and chalk out a plan to solve the question during the winter camp. At the camp, you will regularly interact with your students in an organized manner, monitor your mentee’s progress and give general lectures about your field of study. You should be open to scientific questions or arguments and criticism. Possibly even learn something new from your high school and undergraduate students.
- OAR membership: Once you like OAR and want to be an OAR member, we need around an hour per week during the year to continue providing our valued inputs to free-thinkers and prepare the upcoming events. As a OAR member, you should be motivated to spend at least an hour per week for OAR. During the organization period, OAR mentors are required to meet over Skype for an hour at the prior agreed time and actively involved in organizing the winter camp.
- OAR Winter workshop details: The close to the nature setting of our camps includes frequent hikes and sport activities and you should lead the way. We intend to give travel, camping facilities, accommodation and food for project leaders. If you think you have the above qualities and would like to make a positive change in the education system we grew up in, you are urged to join us as OAR members.
- Deadline: The call for volunteers will be closed by 15th November 2018. Please fill up the registration form and write us an email. Please understand that we would love to talk to you in person to know your interest for OAR and in general to free-thinking.
- Please REGISTER before the deadline.
** The call for members is open throughout the year if you are interested please feel free drop us a line at oar[at]openacademicresearch.org or register. We will get back to you asap.