This event gives student members the opportunity to learn more about what they might do with their Physics qualification after university, and discover the many career options available upon graduation.
The speakers will introduce themselves, followed by round table sessions (speed networking) where students will have the opportunity to talk to physicists about their career, the company they work for, and gain hints and tips on entering the sector. This will then be followed by nibbles, drinks and informal networking.
- Guilia Thompson, Manager - Physics, R&D, Elekta
- Mark Patton, Cryogenics Engineer, Oxford Instruments
- Haley Smith, Accelerator Physicists, RAL - STFC
- Chris Cormack, Director, Risk Neutral Solutions Limited
- Fraser Burton, University Partnership, BT Research and Technology
- Rosie Tomlinson, Graduate Mission Systems Engineers, Astrium Ltd
- Kyle Palmer, Graduate Mission Systems Engineers, Astrium Ltd
- Jeroen Veenstra, Fuel Design Engineer, EDF
- Richard Woolley, Senior Project Officer, Future Assembly Systems, Department of Engineering, University of Nottingham