The standard 1.5 hour tour and includes the history of RSN, the techniques used in historic restoration and modern work and the workshops.
Afterwards Hampton Court: Cardinal Wolsey started building his palace about 1612 but Henry VIII confiscated it in 1620. He carried on building including his Great Hall with its magnificent hammer-beam roof.
Most centuries have seen more building, two notable architects being Wren (William and Mary) and William Kent (George II).
Kent rebuilt some of the famous west front and parts of the inside. Wren built the Fountain Court and the south and east wings.
Inside there are pictures and furniture from these periods and in some rooms there are costume guides who explain the history.
COSTS: £30 each with a maximum of 20. Refreshments at cost.
10:30 – 11:00 Assemble in the Tiltyard cafeteria (M)
11:00 – 13:00 Enter the Royal School of Needlework for talk and tour
13:00 – 14:30 Lunch
14:30 onwards Free access to the Palace
Travel: The nearest stations are Hampton Court and Kingston (with a bus trip 111, 216 & 411 )