This event gives student members the opportunity to learn more about what they might do with their Physics qualification after university, and discover the many career options available upon graduation.
The speakers will introduce themselves, followed by round table sessions (speed networking) where students will have the opportunity to talk to physicists about their career, the company they work for, and gain hints and tips on entering the various sectors. This will then be followed by nibbles, drinks and informal networking.
- Mick Draper - Beams Department, CERN
- Simon Robertson - Technology Acceleration Manger – Wave and Tidal, Carbon Trust
- David Keston - Patent Director, Harrison Goddard Foote LLP
- Bill Handyside - Manufacturing Team Leader, MSQUARED LASERS LTD
- Fadi El Hallak - Magnetics Specialist, Seagate Technology
- David Wyper - Honorary Professor, SINAPSE
- Thales - Ian Norris
To register, click here: https://www.iopconferences.org/iop/549/register
Event type: Event
Organised by: Vishanti Fox
Contact details: Vishanti Fox, Careers Manager
Tel: +44 (0)20 7470 4906