SMEC2012, the fifth in a series of biennial international Science and Mathematics Education Conferences (SMEC) hosted by the Centre for the Advancement of Science and Mathematics Teaching and Learning (CASTeL) of Dublin City University and St. Patrick’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin.
A particular focus of this conference will provide an opportunity for teachers from across the 11 countries of ESTABLISH consortium to share their experiences and examples of Inquiry in their classrooms.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Classroom Practice
* Evaluation & Assessment
* Teacher Education
* Reflective Teachers
Conference participants wishing to give a poster, oral or workshop presentation which addresses the themes of the conference are invited to submit an abstract (maximum 250 words) which will be reviewed by the organising committee. Based on their quality, a selection of participants will be invited to participate at the conference.
Student prizes may be awarded to the best poster and oral presentation during the conference.
Submissions can be made by emailing abstracts to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: "ABSTRACT SURNAME" (of author)
* Abstract Submission and Early Bird Registration: 30 March 2012
* Notification of Acceptance: 15 April 2012
* Paper Submission for Accepted Abstracts: 30 April 2012
Confirmed plenary speakers and workshops
* William McComas, College of Education and Health Professions, University of Arkansas, USA
* Janet Ainley, School of Education, University of Leicester, UK
* Paul Black, King’s College London, UK
* Ton Ellermeijer, Centre for Microcomputer Applications, the Netherlands