This workshop is for new and trainee teachers in the Manchester area. It will be run by Brendan Ickringill and Christine Mayson, the SPS mentors for the area. It will look at:
Please note that this is a Stimulating Physics Support (SPS) event aimed at trainee and recently qualified physics teachers. This event is only open to those signed up to the programme. For more info on the SPS programme or to sign up, please follow the link above.
- An introduction to levels of question demand
- A quick introduction to question stems
- Targeting your questioning to challenge your classes
- 10 ways of assessing understanding using questioning
- 3 experiments/demonstrations and questions surrounding them
- Questioning as a target for development
Event type: Meeting
Organised by: Institute of Physics
Contact details: If you are signed up to the SPS programme and your mentor is either Brendan Ickringill or Christine Mayson, please contact your mentor to book your place. If you would like to sign up to SPS, please go to the SPS website (link below).